Web 2.0 Applications
Are you overwhelmed by Social Marketing and the Conversation Prism? A Meeting By Design can guide you successfully through the sites and applications.
~Twitter ~Facebook ~LinkedIn ~Blogging
Applying Twitter to your Event~
- Alerting attendees about changes or after-parties
- Scheduling meet-ups with like-minded people before the event.
- Keeping track of what is going on at an event. See attendees' reactions to speakers and workshops.
- Using it in presentations to engage the audience.
- Tag sessions for moderators to use in steering the conversation.
- Building a brand of your conference for others watching Twitter. Improve attendance next year from the positive tweets.
- Real time performance review and feedback.
- Send clues to find giveaways.
- Build a community around an event.
The Three Uses of Blogs for Marketing and PR By David Meerman Scott
- To easily monitor what millions of people are saying about you, the market you sell to, your organization, and its products.
- To participate in those conversations by commenting on other people's blogs.
- To begin to shape those conversations by creating and writing your own blog.
*Conversation Prism by Brian Solis